Saturday 1 June 2019

European Country Delight

One of the things that takes a special place in our life is most certainly the need for food. Food has been a big part of the evolution and evolved with the progress of life. It jumped from a necessity to an exquisite art, displayed in a plate. I am in awe with the food and with the limitless variations of taste and flavour that exist on Earth.

One sweet little dome can bring additional attractive presentation, especially with the upcoming outdoor life.



Here is how to make it:

It will only take few hours of your day but will serve your table setting very well.

materials needed:

cotton fabric for the face
cotton fabric for lining
fusible batting for stability and cosiness
cotton bias binding (either ready made, or self-made)

The design on my tea-cosy ... or in this case - the cookie protector, is from Les Brodeuses Parisiennes.



tools needed:

sharp scissors
sharp small size quilting needle for hand-stitching
quilting pins

Note: You can free your imagination for the face of the tea-cosy. It could be a display of a beautiful patchwork, appliqué work, embroidery or any designed desired. If the choice of fabric is too intriguing, you can just display the fabric.


recipe:

1. Have the pattern printed and cut (or just transferred from the screen of your computer). Make sure to either use the middle line placed on the fold of the fabric/batting, or to complete the pattern symmetrically to the middle line.

2. Cut 2 pc of the face fabric, 2 ps of the fabric, used for lining and 2 pc of the batting.

3. Follow the images for completing the project:


Before you close the binding with hand-stitching, incorporate the handle. I used a ribbon from DailyLikeCanada.



Pattern for download:


There are certain other makes that could make a table setting even more attractive. I chose this design by Véronique Enginger. It is so European and reminds me of my grandma's village house, where I used to go egg-hunting with a basket, climbing piles of dried grass and feeling drunk by the aroma of fresh herbs and wild flowers. Oh, good days...!

I just copied the oval top of my basket and make a cover for it by decorating this gorgeous design with vintage crochet lace. Could I go more country than that?! I guess I could, but these are the two designs I am using for now.


Have a beautiful country style season!

Ivelina












No comments:

Post a Comment