Monday 10 September 2018

Headphones Safe Bag

A busy summer has passed and it is a new school year that crafts my space. I am not sure if I welcomed it happily, but I am certain that it would be less stressful, if I 'decorated' it in signature creations. I haven't touched a needle for a long long time - my fingers became lazy and my fingertips - soft and delicate ... 

My baby has to be ready for school and her new headphones deserve a tailored bag. 

I have one really retro style headphones embroidered on the bag front:


This calming process of shaping one design with thread kept me going - it boosted my imagination passionately and I already knew how the bag will look like at the end. 

The choice of fabric was easy - nothing gives me more comfort in the beginning of autumn, but my favourite yarn-dyed HAORI fabric. I haven't forgotten how unique the stitching looks like on their textured designs. It just has been quite awhile since I last sewn with it.

These almost old-fashioned headphones, with their vivid colour made me think macarons. And I have decided to line the bag with Yuwa macaron design :) Delicious, isn't it ?!



The bag has two zippers, that meet at the top of the closing, one outside pocket for a phone or the device that provides your music, one square ring for hooking it to a backpack or just for hanging it on a hook, one belt with a magnetic button for closing over the zipper. 


You can choose to decorate and customise your bag as you are pleased. The bag itself is quite chubby and can fit so many designing tools, markers, and small items. The front and the back of the bag is a generous plain canvas for expressing yourselves. Please, find the free pattern for the bag, without instructions below! I hope you enjoy making it :)


⚠️ Please, be advised that this PATTERN is for personal use only! 

             It can be shared for free, but it can not be sold. 


If you need instructions for making the bag or a ready-made customised bag, please, contact me directly and I will make you a quote for the final product. Thank you for your interest and kind support!


size of the bag:

length: 18 cm
height: 14 cm
depth: 9 cm

materials used:

for the face: HAORI yarn-dyed fabric
for the lining: YUWA quilting cotton "macaron" in matching colour
light weight fusible batting
heavy weight interfacing
embroidery floss
two zippers 25 cm each, cut to size while sewing
one INAZUMA rectangular metal ring
one customised decorative wooden button

Note: the seam allowance in this pattern is 10 mm. I like using bigger seam allowance when cutting. It gives me better control while sewing and a tasteful opportunity to trim my seams afterwords on layers, so they do not create bulkiness on the inside. 


Wishing you a happy sewing season! Keep warm in the chilly days of autumn!

With 💙,

Ivelina







No comments:

Post a Comment