Thursday 20 September 2018

Blue summer... and embroidery

The season of summer has always been one deep breath of warmth and blue. The one blue, that doesn't make me sad - the blue of inspiration and having a sense of living into the present moment. As soon as the summer begins, I know I have to live every second of it, I have to feel it, because it always goes fast. Summer's short presence is only felt short, because every day is an adventure, every minute is a distraction of the routine and every second is unknown for its content. There is no constantsin the summer. It is full of surprises.

I have been busy living the summer and did not have time to create. Here is my adventure in images:

Tadoussac, Province Québec 
Trois-Pistoles, Québec
Tadoussac, Quebec
Gîte du Mont Albert, Gaspésie
Mont Albert, Gaspésie, Québec

Exploring the beautiful province of Québec always has its charms and surprises. I have been coming back there every summer, and it is always different, toughly welcoming and extremely beautiful. I can live here forever and it will feel like eternal summer, even in winter day, because Québec is never boring.

DisneyWorld Art of Animation, Florida

Visiting Disney World has become a yearly habit for the past six years (this year even twice). What can not surprise me here is how fast time passes when I am in the parks. This summer was about visiting a loved Disney cast member and resort hopping. 

The best part was to learn what it is to live in a hotel with no walking areas, while the animals are free to take the space outside. 

Kidani Village, Disney Resort, Florida

What a beautiful experience is to fly back home, soaring over Toronto in a beautiful weather. 
Adventure continues in Canada, where there is time for visiting the turquoise jewel of North Bruce Peninsula, Ontario


Tobermory, Ontario

Here, where the colours are really painful for the eyes, the blue is never sad and the air is so clean, that the lungs breath freer, I had finished my last stitches of the bird I carried into all these trips with me. 

pattern and recipe by Trish Burr
embroidery thread by DMC


My days were rewarded at dusk, when I stitched the last feathers, before even finishing the feet of this little fellow, while waving 'good night' to the tourist boats, coming to the land after a sunset hunt. It felt so relaxing and pleasant to know, that summer is almost gone, but leaving in me so many memories, such a big milage of emotions and pictures to remind me of the places and people I had been with. Because next summer will be totally different, and places I visit will fill my cup of joy and happiness until next one, and the one after, and for many that are coming.


Kincardine, Ontario

... to one summer, filled with blue... 
 Ivelina

2 comments:

  1. Amazing pictures.
    Thanks for sharing your incredible experiences and memories with all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures - you should work for the tourist bureau!!

    ReplyDelete